February 10, 2014

Exploring Mixed Media, 4 of 6

Remember this large-scale stamp, Penny Black 40-321 Wondrous, that I used on yesterday's canvas?
Well today I'm using it on a mixed media-style card.  I love that these BIG stamps can be used on larger pieces AND regular sized cards, too!
IMG_1355
To create this card I stamped my large image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with ShinHan Art Touch Twin markers.  I added Distress Ink (Evergreen Bough) for additional shading on the background.  The die cut leaves (Penny Black) were colored with Touch Twin Markers, as was the butterfly, and then Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink was added to "tone down" the color just a bit.  Black paint splatters were added and then all embellishments and die cuts (Penny Black Triple Banner, Tagged, Leaves, 4381L Gathering Together) were added using dimensional adhesive.

Have a great day!