October 14, 2011

Sketch and Stamp Collab Week *Day 4*

I have to admit I'm pretty bummed to see this collaboration week with Iwona coming to an end.  I truly LOVED working with her sketches and of course seeing what she has come up with each day.  I think my favorite part of this collaboration has been seeing how each of us has come up with such different cards even though we started with the exact same stamps and sketch.  Thanks, Iwona, for sharing your sketches and creations with me all week! It's been an honor! 
Today Iwona and I are both using this cutie-pa-tootie stamp by Penny Black, Flowers for Mimi:
And our sketch for the day:


I began by stamping Penny Black Flowers for Mimi onto Copic X-Press It blending cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and coloring with Copic Markers.  I then distressed this with Old Paper Distress Ink.  The green background was cut with Sizzix Top Note die by Stampin' Up and then inked with Forest Moss Distress Ink.  The purple notecard was cut from Penny Black Mix and Match cardstock.

Don't forget to pop over to Iwona's blog to see what she created with this stamp and sketch!
Thanks again for visiting- see ya next week with a new featured artist.
Hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend. :)

And if you're looking for a little more inspiration, head on over to the Mementos blog where I have new video tutorial posted today...


9 comments :

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh yes, I'm bummed too... it's been so much fun, and as all good things it came to an end TOO quickly! Thank you sweetie, I had the time of my life :)
(I almost forgot to say, that your card is SPECTACULAR!!! I love the pop of orange!)

Barb said...

I've really enjoyed it too! Adorable card, Jill - beautifully colored!

Elizabeth Allan said...

It's over already? This week went by too fast! Jill your shading is fantastic!

Pat said...

Adorable! Love the card! :)

sheila said...

I loved this feature! you should make it a regular....it was very cool to see two interpretations of the same sketch with the same stamp...

Tiffany Ervin said...

She sure is sweet looking, love your cute card, Jill!

Brenda said...

Thanks for the inspiration Jill! I just received this stamp as a gift from a friend and need to ink it up! Lovely coloring and shading on your card!

Dawn T said...

such a cutie Jill. Love your Mimi and your card and also Chupa's. this has been a special week.

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

This really has been an amazing week! Cute card:)