October 11, 2011

Sketch and Stamp Collab Week *Day 1*

I am soooo thrilled to announce that for the next 4 days I will be sharing with you a Sketch and Stamp Collaboration Week with the oh-so-talented Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)!!!  Each day we will BOTH be working with the same sketch and the same stamps.  I haven't seen anything she's created yet, and I can't wait to see what she came up with!  Oh, and all of the sketches this week were created by Iwona.  If you are at all in a rut or looking for inspiration, I HIGHLY recommend giving these sketches a go.

Here's today's sketch:
And today's stamp:
Sundial by Penny Black

I began by repeatedly stamping Penny Black Sundial onto Tiara White cardstock.  I colored in the flowers using Stamper's Big Brush Markers.  I added the mint green color to the background using Copic Markers (BG10, BG15, BG18).  Next, I distressed the entire piece using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  Finally, I inked Penny Black 1999L Letter Background using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and stamped the background, removing some ink with a baby wipe before stamping.  The punched scallop was inked with Wild Honey, Fired Brick, and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  The butterfly was cut 2 times using Spellbinders Butterflies Two and Mix and Match Cardstock.  I mounted the two together using pop dots on the wings for extra dimension.  Sentiment by Penny Black.

Now, be sure to head on over to Iwona's blog to see what she created using the exact same sketch and stamp.  I'm sure it is FAB!!!!



15 comments :

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I KNEW your card is going to knock my socks off, and it DID! I'm all for these rich, summery colours, turquoise and orange look amazing together. I love your big punched out border too, and the flutterby accent :P I can't wait for tomorrow! xxx

Susie said...

Stunning! I always love your very colorful cards.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your cards are always amazing but this one just called my name so you know I had to leave you a comment.

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is a great event Jill. It is going to be fun to see both yours and Chupa's ideas based on the same stamp and sketch. Beautiful bursts of color on the background design. Love the butterfly as the focal point!

Barb said...

Won't this be a fun four days! GORGEOUS card, Jill! Off to check out Chupa's creation . . .

Latrice said...

This. Is. Amazing! I love the colors so much Jill. You rock
Girlfriend.

Pat said...

LOVE it! And I just saw Chupa's, too, and they're both stunning! This is gonna be a fun 4 days!

Tina Schrof said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I love the color combinations!!

Colorado Crafter said...

Such a beautiful card!!! But, if you stamped the letter background after coloring the flowers, how did you keep from getting some of it on the flowers. (I looked and looked and didn't see any, but if I missed it, sorry for the question.) I know you said you wiped some of the ink off with a baby wipe, but that's just hit or miss and it would be impossible to wipe it off only where the flowers are... and the print goes right up to the edge of the flowers. I know if the flowers were embossed, that would resist the ink, so maybe that's how you did it???

Linda Carson said...

WOW! 2 thumbs up! I just found your blog but big fan of Chupa's. This will be creative fun! Love the colors!

Tona said...

As usual I LOVE your card!!!

Dawn T said...

stunning Jill. I like the sketch so will be adding to my folder for future reference. Love what you both did today.

Peggy H said...

I love this, it's like a really fun game. I realy like how both cards have simliar elements but your own personalities are so present. You are in a butterfly mood aren't you??? :)

Brenda said...

Super idea Jill! Love the colors you chose!

Donna B. in Illinois said...

I love your typical cards that are inspired by your guest designer, BUT it is even better when you and the guest designer use the same sketch and stamps. It was your best week ever!

I would truly like to see this more often1

Love your cards, your blog and all your wonderful works of art. Thanks for all the time and love you put into it.