October 7, 2011

Peggy *Day 4*

Our last inspiration card by Peggy is the definition of the word "masterpiece!"
Every time I look at this card I see a new detail I love!  The inked and stamped background has so many layers and such depth.  And Peggy's use of the birdcage stamp here is genius!
Here's my take.  I was especially inspired by Peggy's emboss resist text background and warm colors.

All stamps Penny Black/ Sentiment: SRM Sticker
Thanks sooooo much to Peggy for allowing me to share her awesome work! And thanks to all of you for stopping by and making us smile with your visits.

Here's a peek at what's happening on the Mementos Blog today.  (I am definitely on a butterfly/tag kick lately...)

12 comments :

Lin said...

What an ingenious use of the birdcage! Love the autumnal colors on both cards - it's been a fun week!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Peggy your artistic blend of stamped images gives your piece a "steampunk" effect. I agree with Jill, I kept looking at it and finding more hidden images! Jill your card would translate fabulously into a "sketch". Terrific size and position of the layers. The stamping and distressing are outstanding!

Karen said...

I have loved all the cards this week and would really love to see more of Peggy's work. Does she have a blog? If so I would love to follow it for more inspiration.

Anonymous said...

These are such beautiful cards--thanks for sharing! MOM

Nancy K said...

I love these cards today, Jill! So much to be inspired by...so many ideas! I'm so glad you share all this fabulous goodness, sweet friend.

Anne said...

Awesome- loving both of these gorgeous creations today!

Dawn T said...

Peggy's card is outstanding and I really love your take. Your colouring and adding of the dots on the flowers is spectacular.

78thistles said...

Loving both these cards today!

Conniecrafter said...

Both cards are Beautiful, love your take on the card, great colors and layering!

Diana said...

Two stunning cards once again. Always love coming to visit Jill!

Unknown said...

Peggy, really like the way you handled the bird cage stamp...in the past the girl has sort of given me the creeps....you avoided that and I really really like her. Jill as always your take is amazing!!

Diana said...

Interesting bird cage. Lovely cards.