October 6, 2011

Peggy *Day 3*

Today I have two cards of Peggy's to share.  Here's the first- I just had to share it because it's so darn cute and creative!

And this second card is also by Peggy.  It's my inspiration for my card today.

Hands down these are two of most precious Halloween cards I've seen yet.  Love every detail on each one.

Here's my take.  I was especially inspired by Peggy's golden background with the purple hat layered on top and with the fresh white on the sides.

Tag background created with Distress Stains (Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick).  I colored directly onto the tag with the stains and then spritzed with water.  Butterflies (Penny Black) stamped using Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. Butterfly centers are Candi Dots and sentiment is SRM sticker.

Thanks so much for visiting, my friends, and for all of your sweet comments and support.  I don't know if I say it enough- but it really means so much to me! 

Oh, and I've got another purple and orange card over on the Mementos Blog.  Here's a peek:

10 comments :

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great backgound designs on Peggy's cards! I like her bird too. Jill your butterfly card is fabulous. The orange and purple are magnificent against the white.

Lisa J said...

Thank you for sharing Peggy's cards. Her use of the bird & cage die as a Halloween card was fantastic.
I'm in love with your butterfly card. Such lovely colours & the white accents on the butterflies make a stunning contrast.
Cheers!

Brenda said...

Love how Peggy used the cage and bird to create a Halloween theme! And I adore that orange and purple combination you came up with, but the white on the butterflies is the clincher!

Lin said...

Peggy's witchy bird is too cute! And adding purple is becoming synonymous with Halloween to me - great cards today, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors on these cards--so nice. MOM

Fab said...

Hey Jill, love your card; total darling. Could I have Peggy's blog details as I'd like to feature her cards on Papermood.com, please ? Thanks :)

Barb said...

Wonderful, delightful cards from Peggy today! And you are using some amazing color combos lately, Jill! Gorgeous card!

Pat said...

Absolutely love your card! Beautiful!

katie said...

Not a Halloween fan, but am loving your colors and techniques, of course.
katie

craftycon said...

You girls did a great job this week, Love love love these card!!!!! You inspire me!!! Connie