October 5, 2011

Peggy *Day 2*

This next card by Peggy is one of my all-time favorite Pegster cards:
Peggy really is the queen of taking a technique and making it her own.  This emboss resist card on glossy cardstock just glows! And one of my favorite things about this card are the touches of black in the flower centers, on the sentiment, and with the twine.
Here's my take:

The background was created by distressing Tiara White cardstock with Crushed Olive and Black Soot Distress Ink.  The pierced holes were added using the Tim Holtz Ruler.  Next I stamped Penny Black Sundial with VersaMark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  I then inked the flowers with the new Tim Holtz Seasonal Distress Ink, Seedless Preserves.  Finally, I used a black Stamper's Big Brush Marker from Faber-Castell to add the black accents to the flowers (dots and center line on petals).  This was so easy to do, especially coloring in that center line, because the Stamper's Big Brush Markers do not stain embossed areas but rather the embossing acts a resist.  So whenever I went out of the lines onto the embossing I just wiped it away with a baby wipe. :)  Sentiment by Penny Black ( 30-071 Mimi in Paris).

Oh, and I have a new video up on the Mementos blog today using lots of mediums and creating several fun backgrounds.  Here's a peek:






Thanks again for visiting - hope you have a wonderful day, my friends!


18 comments :

Joy said...

Stunning seriously stunning card Jill...hugs

Chelsea said...

Love the purple and gold!

Chelsea said...

Love the purple and gold!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill I love your twist on Peggy's lovely card. Your distressing and coloring really pop those flowers. I also like those small touches that make your cards stand out - paper piercing, fussy cutting and fiber embellishments.

Barb said...

Wow! Love Peggy's beautiful card and the colors you chose for yours are amazing, Jill! SO GORGEOUS!!

78thistles said...

Both are lovely cards today. So love your color scheme - the contrasting color are always striking.

Sue McRae said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!

Ida said...

Simple lovely. These are both wonderful cards. I do like the touches of "black" on both cards. The colors you used on your card a divine.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my, Jill! The purples on your flowers just radiate!! Love it so much!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love that color combo.

SannaS said...

wow!!!! gorgeous card!!! absolutely stunning!!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

WOWEE! I really love this one! Your purple and green just pop--so gorgeous! :)

Colorado Crafter said...

So sorry I don't always take time to leave a comment, but I read your blog every day you have a new post. This card is so beautiful!!! I always love the emboss/resist technique but the way you have enhanced it with the black takes it to a higher level.

Dawn T said...

Your flowers look awesome in the new distress ink. I'm loving that purple colouring as well as the brown one.

katie said...

WOW!! Beautiful, both of them!

Kelly Latevola said...

This is so gorgeous! The new distress ink color is fantastic :) I'm still waiting for mine to ship . . .can't wait!!

Julie Ebersole said...

WOWSERS on both designs!!!

Tina said...

great card