October 25, 2011

Inspired by... Brenda U.

Today I'm very excited to announce that this week's featured artist is Brenda U!  She has an awesome BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM, both brimming with inspiration so be sure to check them out. :)  Here is our first inspiration card by Brenda:
I really love this overall design by Brenda.  The diagonal split in the background paper is so eye-catching! 

Here's my take.  This stamp is not the usual style I pick out but holy moly I had an AWESOME time coloring this guy in.  I'm hooked! 
I began by stamping Penny Black 40-088 Little Elf Finn with VersaFine ink and then heat embossing with clear embossing powder.  I then colored the image with Copics.  The outer edges of the cardstock was distressed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  The sentiment, also by Penny Black (30-079 Christmas with Mimi) was stamped with Versafine ink onto Spellbinders Shapeabilities Ribbon Banners.  The banner was inked with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink before stamping the sentiment.  Patterned paper by Basic Grey (Indie Bloom).

Thanks so much for popping by today.  If you head on over to the Mementos blog you can get a little peek at what we've got planned for this week....

15 comments :

Brenda said...

Hi Jill! I am blushing! Thank you for featuring me, I am so touched! And I am so in love with these little Elves! Your colouring and inking here is just superb! Big hugs to you!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill I am so excited to see Brenda featured with you this week. She is a terrific artist! Love the diagonal patterns for the recipe. Elf Finn is so cute!

Barb said...

Woo, hoo, it's Brenda this week! So fun to see her featured! Love both cards today! :)

craftycon said...

Jill, I am loving this card! This elf is sooo cute!

sheila said...

Yay....I love Brenda's creations and this one is no exception! and your take on it Jill wi wonderful. The coloring on this elf is beautiful!

Rosemary said...

woo hoo for brenda!! you couldn't have picked a better crafter to feature this week!! her card is lovely and so is your take on it!!

Pat said...

So cute! Love the cards!

CinnamonSally said...

Great to see Brenda featured today, she is a talented crafter and I look forward to seeing all her cards and your inspirational ones Jill.

Tona said...

LOVE your take on the card!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Love that cute colored elf!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Jill I am so happy to see you featuring an amazing artist and lady. Her cards are beautiful and today's is no exception. So love your take and your colouring of Mo's Images is gorgeous. Didn't suprise me at all even though this isn't the kind of stamp you normally pick. Your too funny girlfriend! Lol.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Brenda is super sweet and her card is great! I love your card.... love that image! Such a fun stamp!

Dawn T said...

Love your take on Brenda's card. Love the diagonal background and that little elf is gorgeous.

Lisa said...

Beautiful job on this elf, Jill! He's soo stinkin' cute!
Lovely to see Brenda here this week- She is such a great friend and I love her work :)

Tina said...

beautiful cards