October 28, 2011

Brenda U. *Day 3*

Here is our last inspiration card by Brenda:
I love the bold statement of Brenda's big butterfly layered on the white and yellow paper.  The color combination is just so pleasing to the eye! And the coloring on her butterfly is stellar. Finally, those little pearls on the wings- perfection!
Here is my take:

The butterfly, Penny Black 2422J Blue Wings, was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic X-Press It Blending cardstock and was then colored with Copic markers.  After coloring and cutting out the butterfly, I distressed the entire thing with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  I also added Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the outer edges of the wings.  Background papers by My Minds Eye (newsprint pierced and inked with Broken China Distress Ink).  Sentiment by Penny Black, 4070 Dreams Come True.

BIG thanks to Brenda for allowing me to share her beautiful cards.  She is such talented and sweet gal, it's been an honor! Here's a peek at another card set I'm sharing on the Mementos blog today:

Thanks also to everyone for your comments about my lil' old craft room.  I have to admit I was a little nervous to share it, just because it isn't very fancy shmancy!  (Someday I would love a craft room that looks like it came out of Pottery Barn catalog, but for now I'm happy with a functional space.) I should have known that, as always, you wonderful gals would make me smile with your sweet comments. I am always blown away by your kindess.  Have a wonderful weekend. HUGS!

8 comments :

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill and Brenda your butterflies "flutter" with beauty and style!!

Barb said...

Those colors on Brenda's card are so beautiful! Gorgeous take too, Jill! Have a great weekend! :)

78thistles said...

So love your card today Jill! That blueish-green with the gold background paper is lovely and the newsprint is the unexpected.

CanadianScraps43 said...

Brenda's card is beautiful. So love your take on this card. The difference in design elements are the same but yet so different. Love how she did the blue/orange combo and you did the greeen/orange/yellow combination. Love the sentiment you used Jill. Just gorgeous as usually. Hugs.

Brenda said...

Wow Jill! I love that butterfly and the beautiful designer paper you paired it with! Thanks again for choosing my work to showcase, I am really touched! I can hardly wait to see who you choose next!

Ida said...

Oh wow you both did awesome work on these cards. I love them both.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Super gorgeous! Love the blend of beautiful blues and oranges!

sheila said...

wowza-really love both cards especially with such striking color choices. it has been a really fun week watching Brenda be showcased!