June 24, 2011

Joanne Sharpe *Day 3*

Here is our last inspiration piece from Joanne. Such a lovely sketch just brimming with all of her charm and style: art © joanne sharpe 2011
I love her doodles, border, color choices.... yep, I love it ALL!
Here is my take:




The flower, Penny Black 4183K Sparkle, was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Markers. I stamped the image twice, once on the Spellbinders Die Cut Labels 16 and once onto another piece of white paper. The flower was then cut out and mounted with dimensional adhesive onto the die cut piece. After coloring, the die cut piece was distressed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Background distressed with Dusty Concord and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Finally, I flicked the purple background using ink from black and purple Stamper's Big Brush Markers which were colored onto an acrylic block, spritzed with water, and then picked up with a paintbrush for the flicking. (hhmmm... is "flick" the technical term for making a big mess? LOL) Flower center is a Candi Dot.

BIG thanks to Joanne for allowing me to share her artwork here on "Inspired by..." this week. She has LOADS of talent and it has been an honor. Thanks to all of you, too, for your visits and comments. Before I leave ya for the weekend, here are all of the hints I've given you so far this week about my big announcement: And when, you ask, will I reveal my BIG secret?? On Monday... can you wait that long?? :) Oh, okay, I'll give you one more little hint....this just might be something you can WIN.... Hope you have an awesome, creative weekend. Happy stamping! HUGS!
Be back soon with the winner of the Summer Card Camp Giveaway!

29 comments :

Elizabeth Allan said...

Another spectacular week Jill!! Thanks for sharing all the color as it has been raining all week here in Michigan. Have a great weekend!

Jeanette M. said...

Beautiful card! I love the image and the purple background.

Faith Maupin said...

Another great card - thanks so much for YOUR inspiration! Can't wait to hear your big secret! Have a wonderful, creative weekend.

Cathy A said...

Joanne, does some amazing colouring and doodles, you have captured her style beautifully.

can't wait to hear your exciting news!
Hugs Cathy
x

Unknown said...

Joanne's work is absolutely amazing and I love, love how you've used the inspiration for your card. The flower just pops off the card front. Stunning! Hmmm...cool Tim Holtz Vagabond...what are you up to Girlie?!!

redscrap said...

nice card, fabilus collors, greetings mina

Barb said...

My goodness this is gorgeous, Jill! Wow! Can't wait for Monday!

reen said...

I'm just terrible at putting clues together and coming up with what they mean, I can guess what each one means but and curious to see what's up. And that prize is sweet.

And your card, as always is beautiful.

debbie susee said...

Your announcement looks like it's going to be pretty exciting. Can't wait!

Victoria Freze said...

nice card! and I like the happiness on your face, great picture :)

Ohana in Bend said...

bright colors make me happy and energetic. i love how you use them and your designs. thanks so much for your inspiration!

sheila said...

your card is gorgeous! i love the pairing of colors...so regal looking. can't wait for your big news reveal!

Kathy Mc said...

Hmmm, instructional DVD teaching a class in a box with Mementos and die cuts for participants to purchase, OR you'll be a new design team member. Your coloring and designs are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

way cool cards .. ill try and see if i can come even come a lil close .and the big reveal .. am waiting with bated breathe ...oh my gosh .. im so wanting to winn something ... fingers crossed .. anne

Anonymous said...

Purple is my all time favorite color! LOVE LOVE LOVE the cards....I do adore flowers too! And when I saw the suitcase...I fell out of my chair! Jill, I think these are one of my favorite cards so far...no wait... I love them all!!!!
have an awesome weekend!

dinkuminkum said...

Jill your cards are so vibrant and alive - I love your style! I'm really struggling with your clues - is is that you are going to be making some DVD classes of things you love, and that the style will be 'out of the box' (as opposed to coming in a box); it will include mementoes that you love to make with Tim HOlz' Vagabond! I think I got all of the clues!
Have a great day.
Hugs, Anne Pask.

Peet said...

Stunning cards this week< Jill! Love them all!!

Kelley said...

Love both the inspiration and inspired cards.

Okay, the clues. A DVD with you teaching something you love that is nonconformal using mementos.

I don't want the weekend to go by too quickly, but I want Monday to come so I can find out the big secret! :)

Brenda said...

Love your coloring on this flower Jill and the splatter look in the background!

Shelley said...

Can"t wai till Monday!!!

Barbara said...

Love your cards because the colors are always awesome! I tried to put together all the hints for your big announcement, but I'm still rather clueless. I'll definitely check in on Mon. to see what's going to be announced!!!

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous inspirational piece and I love what you have done with it. Just magical

Renee V said...

Both are so beautiful!! I'm excited about Monday, no clue really what it is though!

Denise Marzec said...

Fantastic job with that flower image! Beautiful card, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Well, my other comment was not posted. Can't seem to get the google account to let me post. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that your colors this week are so inspiring... love them.. but then I'm such a sucker for colors... actually I'm a bonifide color addict!! LOL They get me everytime... great job... have a good weekend and I can hardly wait for you announcement on Monday... Can't quite get all of your hints... but I'm sure it will be exciting.... with your talent you are really going places.. Marita S...... maritasummers.com

Jess said...

Ooohh I love a good mystery and your hints major even more fun. The card is beautiful I love the colorings

Isha Gupta said...

Stunning card Jill. I am loving your mystery project more and more each day. Cant wait for Monday to come.
You are such a great inspiration that I cased a card of yours here:
http://hobbyandideas.blogspot.com/2011/06/inspired-by.html

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE this card Jill! Such a stunner :)

Rupa said...

Gorgeous card based on the inspiration! Your coloring is flawless! Every single card of yours is full of colors and techniques you use are just fantastic. It's rare to find a blog where I like every single post! Yours is definitely one that I like every single time.