March 6, 2011

Sketchbook Sunday

Hello friends! It's time for another Sketchbook Sunday here on the blog-o! :) Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
I began by stamping the Hero Arts Butterflies using the Stampers Big Brush Pen in black. Next, I colored the butterflies using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft (DMC) Stampers Big Brush Markers and I added highlights with a white gel pen. All of the black doodling, including the "frame" around the butterflies was drawn using the Faber-Castell DMC PITT Artist pens. The blue/grey background behind the butterflies was done with the Faber-Castell DMC Art Grip Aquarelle watercolor pencils. The yellow background was colored by first applying a light layer of yellow using Art Grip Aquarelle watercolor pencils and then using the Stampers Big Brush Markers to add shading and details.
Thanks for peeking! See you tomorrow with our next featured stamper- she ROCKS- you won't want to miss it!

8 comments :

Isha Gupta said...

Jill, you really really amaze me. TFS the Sunday posts. I so look forward to it. Cant wait who will be here tomorrow.

Nancy said...

Your Sketchbook Sundays have really inspired me Jill, I've taken out the acrylic paints and made a mixed-media canvas. It's good to break out of the cardmaking for a bit. I'm loving the color story on this delightful page...wonderful journaling too, simply gorgeous!
blessings~

AsAlwaysAngela said...

Oh WOW! This is absolutely stunning and eye catching in every way. It's so vivid... reminds me of some sort of wonderful fantasy world or something (where I live most of the time... lol).

Tiff said...

This is amazing! Can I have your handwriting?

Riet Harikini said...

This is so wonderfull, I love it!

Dawn T said...

What a stunning piece of art Jill.

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! This is phenomenal!!!

kreativeimagination said...

Wow!!! speechless...amazing master piece. Please, can you post a video tutorial showing us how you do this amazing pieces.
thank you for sharing and inspiring.

syeda
syeda_lubaabah@hotmail.com