October 21, 2009

Karen's Inspiration - Day 5

Hi everyone-- ready for another fabulous card by Karen? Here you go:


I think it is impossible to look at Karen's cards and not feel cheery! This card is no exception. I love the bright colors and fun flowers. The little owl and birds are the perfect touch of whimsy. Finally, isn't that the coolest tree?? Love the punched circle--so unique!

Here is my card-- I was especially inspired by Karen's color combo--purple/pink, orange, and green. I created the background using this cool technique from Jennifer McGuire.



Thanks for visiting--make sure you come back tomorrow for our last day with Karen!


Stamps: Text (Inkadinkado), Plaid (Great Impressions), Text (Papertrey Ink.)


Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Versamark, Stampin' Up Black Ink



Other: Misc. Cardstock, Thread, Buttons and Gems, Fiskar's Butterfly Punch, JoAnn's Craft Essentials Clear Embossing Powder

4 comments :

Nancy said...

I'm really loving this daily inspiration, yours and Karen's! It certainly looks like you are having a wonderful time with this too!

Diana said...

Super great card! Thanks for sharing.

ScrapyCrafter said...

Hey Karen!
Oh my word! This is soooo cute!
Love seeing other bloggers creations!
I'm Yaneri - ScrapyCrafter and I came from the flicker group! And saw your posting! This is So cute, cute!!!

Have a great one!!!!

Yaneri

Anonymous said...

Oh Jillian, what a WONDERFUL card you created! I continue to be HUMBLED by your talent and kindness each day! I hope you are having a GREAT DAY. THANK YOU SO MUCH and also thank you to Yaneri who left a SWEET COMMENT, too. You are each making me have a HAPPY WEEK. Love, Karen xoxo