October 30, 2009

Inspired by...Heather Maria!!

I am so excited to announce our next inspirational stamper for this week. (I just couldn't wait until Saturday!). Her cards are always cute and well designed! Whenever I look through her photostream on flickr, I am always inspired and ready to get crafting! :) Introducing...Heather Maria! I know you will enjoy seeing a sample of her cards this week.

Here is today's inspirational card by Heather:


I love the pretty pastel kite. Aren't those hearts the perfect touch for the tail of the kite?! I love the texture of the white scallop layered on the white background paper. Finally, Heather embossed the white cardstock to look like gusts of wind! So clever!


Here is my take on Heather's card:


Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for more wonderful cards by Heather!


Supplies

Stamps: Flourish (Hero Arts K5285), Hot Air Balloon (Unity Stamp Co.), Sentiment (Making Memories); Ink: Black Ink (Stampin' Up), Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Other: Watercolor Pencils (Stampin' Up), Scallop Punch (Martha Stewart), Misc. Cardstock, Patterned Paper (Cosmo Cricket), Label Die Cut (ProvoCraft), Misc. Thread

13 comments :

ScrapyCrafter said...

Hey Jill!
I agree with you 100%, Flicker has so many inspiring creations!
Your's turned out so adorable! Really like the embossed background! Too cute!!

Jacqueline said...

I had never seen that card from Heather, it's so creative! Your take is gorgeous too. Hope Heather gets more recognition in the future on the Hero blog she sure merits it!

Deirdre said...

Love Heather's card and your "take" on her card - both beautiful. Great to see Heather featured - her work is amazing and I am a big fan.

Lin said...

This is one of my favorites of Heather's, too, and I like how you have captured the movement with your background swirl in the sky.

Vanessa said...

Wonderful!! I didn`t know this card, too! Love both of your cards! Heather is fantastic!!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Virginia L. said...

Heather's cards are created from the heart. I do hope she gets the recognition that she so deserves. Thanks for featuring Heather. I love your ballon design and colors.Both are FANTASTIC!

Sue McRae said...

Love the vibrant colours on your card Jill and love Heathers card with the softness and texture. Two excellent cards!

Joyfulstamper (lynda pleckan) said...

Hi Jill,
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. I love this card from Heather, and will definitely be looking her up to see more! Your version is awesome, with lots of color and interest. Great pick!

Beate said...

Oh Jill,
Your card looks stunning! I LOVE the colors you used. The swirls in the sky and that gorgeous balloon! Beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Heather Maria said...

Thank you so much Jill for featuring me this week on your blog!I can't wait to see which cards you've picked and your creations.

I love, love your card today. The swirls and positioning of the hot air balloon really makes it look like it is being carried away by the wind. I love the beautiful colours and the torn hill looks brilliant. Thanks again Jill and looking forward to seeing what you come up with tomorrow!

Rosemary said...

Somehow I missed that card by Heather, but it is too cute and love your take on it Jill. Beautiful!

Nancy said...

talk about inspiration!! amazing cards by 2 very talented cardmakers!

Suzanne C said...

Love the colors on your balloon and Heather Maria's work is so lovely all the time!